Ahhhh, roasted veggies… there is something about that warm, nutty flavor that is just so pleasing when paired with a wide variety of dishes. Burgers, fish, chicken, and steak too, all are made better with the addition of savory roasted vegetables. Here we bring you zucchini, squash, and tomatoes roasted with garlic, parmesan cheese, and herbs. It’s so easy and flavorful, you’ll want to have roasted vegetables all the time. And with literally hundreds of flavor combinations, there’s no reason you couldn’t!
Roasted Zucchini, Squash & Tomatoes
This dish is simple and beautiful with its vibrant summertime color palette. The red of the tomatoes pop against the crisp green zucchini and bright yellow squash, creating a mouth-watering and pretty dish you’ll be proud to share with family or a neighborhood barbecue.
Summer is a time of abundance, and this is one way to celebrate it. With a big sheet pan full of nutrition packed goodies straight from Mother Earth to your belly. The cheese and garlic definitely doesn’t hurt either.
Roasting has a special way of bringing out the richness and character of whatever you’re cooking up. If you have veggie haters in your family, you’ll definitely want to give this method a try. You may even find that the veggie nemesis of children everywhere, Brussels sprouts, become nutty and flavorful with roasting.
Here is what you’ll need to make this wonderfully cheesy roasted vegetable medley.
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare an 18×13 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. In a large mixing bowl, add the zucchini, squash and tomatoes. Pour the olive oil mixture over everything and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the veggies in an even layer on the baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parmesan generously over the top. Roast until everything is tender and the cheese is golden brown, about 25 – 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
But Wait, There’s More!
For a little variation, try adding some of these yummy extras. And you aren’t limited to just these, of course! Get creative with your own favorite flavors, or whatever you’ve got in the fridge:
- Romano cheese, or any other hard, salty cheese that you love that grates well
- Homemade breadcrumbs from leftover bread
- Fragrant herbs like oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme
- Add some spice with red pepper flakes, paprika, chili powder or oil, and cumin
- Try some thinly sliced red onion for a solid hit of fragrance and spice
Equal Opportunity Roasted Veggies
Roasted zucchini, squash, and tomatoes is certainly a hit with the masses, but there are plenty of other veggies that deserve some time in the spotlight too. As seasons and availability changes, try these other options:
- Red, green and yellow peppers
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
The post Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes appeared first on Healthy Holistic Living.