One of the many obstacles parents faced this past year was a lack of access to extracurricular and enrichment opportunities for their children. This summer, kids deserve some fun — and parents, some downtime.
“One thing we hear all the time from parents who enroll their children in activities at Life Time is how much they appreciate the convenience factor,” says Alicia Kockler, vice president of Life Time Kids. “Because our breadth of offerings is so vast, you can fit in everything you want your children to do in a single place, avoiding extra shuttling around or scheduling hassles.”
Options range from drop-off kid programming to family events, with offerings available for all ages, abilities, and interests — many of which are also included in Junior Memberships.
“Every family has different wants and needs, and we built our offerings to accommodate that,” says Kockler. “Need a safe place for child care while you work? Want something to do outside of your home as a family? Looking to fit in a workout while your kids also stay active? We can check all those boxes.”
You can also feel confident knowing that Life Time has put enhanced safety measures in place consistent with CDC guidelines, including enhanced cleaning protocols, social distancing, and limited class sizes.
Gather inspiration for planning your family’s summer schedule with these ideas for healthy activities that’ll keep your kids active and engaged all season long.
Kid Time Fun
- Summer Camp. Weekly camps feature different themes and activities, plus the opportunity for social electives such as yoga, swimming, basketball, or racquet sports. (If you’re curious what Summer Camp is like, read “Summer Camp at Life Time: A Sneak Peek.”)
- Kids events. Mom and dad can enjoy an evening to themselves while kids have a blast with us at our monthly Parent’s Night Out or themed events, such as “Mad Science” or “Slime and Splash.” Bonus: We provide dinner so you pick your kids up fed and ready for bed.
- Tween events. Older kids can explore different areas of the club and participate in activities such as sports, swimming, and games.
- Swim programming. Lessons are always offered to help your kids learn water safety and become strong swimmers. This time of year, our Summer Swim Team is also an option for kids to try out the fun and competition of being on a team.
- Drop-in play. As a member, you can take advantage of up to 2.5 hours of child care while you use the club. Specific offerings are available for infants, toddlers, and kids, including weekly themed activities.
- Basketball. Little ballers can work on their game with options for camps, clinics, and private or small-group training.
- Kids classes. Choose from drop-in classes where children can tumble, stretch, and play, or progressive six-week learning classes that offer developmental curriculum in areas such as dance, fitness, and gymnastics.
- Tennis. Small-group classes are a chance for kids to enjoy the fun of this racquet sport, while also developing fundamental tennis skills and improving their athleticism.
Family Time Fun
- Pool play. Check open swim hours for indoor water fun. When the weather’s warm, lounge in the sun poolside while your kids splash.
- Open gym. Shoot some hoops or play a friendly game of pickup, HORSE, or Around the World.
- Family workouts. Build fitness habits together with the grown up and me classes that are offered each week, or family fitness events that take place every quarter.
- Pickup sports. Partake in some family competition with a game of tennis or racquetball, or test your climbing skills together on the rock wall.
- Mealtime. All this activity is bound to work up an appetite. Enjoy a healthy meal you don’t have to cook or clean up in the LifeCafe or to take to go.